To create a Zap between PushCrew and Twitter, you just have to follow the steps below. You can use this Zap to do multiple different things - send an automated push notification to your subscribers with the same content as your tweet or send an automated tweet to your subscribers with the same content as your push notification.
In this article, we will find out how to setup automated push notifications for your subscribers whenever your brand is mentioned on Twitter. Here's how to go about it:
- Login to your Zapier dashboard here.
- Click on the button, "Make a Zap".
- You will be redirected to the Zapier editor. In the first step, we will choose the Trigger App as Twitter. Look for Twitter in the search box on this screen. Click on the result.
- You can choose either of the list of triggers that Zapier provides. For our example, we will choose, "Search Mentions". Click on 'Save + Continue'.
In the next step, you have to connect your Twitter Account. You'll be asked to authorize your Twitter account and it will then start showing up on this screen. Click on 'Save + Continue'.
- You'll then be required to provide conditions for your trigger to work. In this example, we want a push notification to be automated as soon as a mention of our brand name, PushCrew, takes place over Twitter. Once you do this, click on 'Continue'.
- You can then test if your trigger works fine by fetching some recent examples. Click on 'Fetch & Continue'.
- You just set the trigger. Now, you have set an action. Look for PushCrew in the search box. Click on the result.
- As of now, you can only send this automatic notification to all your subscribers using this Zap. The option will be selected by default. Click on 'Save + Continue'.
- In the next step, you will be asked to authorize your PushCrew account. Enter PushCrew API key here and click on 'Yes, continue'.
- Your PushCrew account will start showing up in the list. You can test to see it was a successful connection. And then click on 'Save + Continue'.
- In the next step you'll be able to choose what goes in this automated notification. You can pick different parts of the tweet data that Zapier collects and have some of your own data while filling up the PushCrew notification fields. Once that is done, click on 'Continue'.
- In the next step, you can test your action. Click on 'Create & Continue'.
- On the next screen, click on 'Finish'.
- Next give your Zap a name, and enable it.
- And it's done! PushCrew will now schedule an automated notification as soon as it finds the 'PushCrew' brand mentioned anywhere on Twitter and send it out 30 minutes later. You can edit / delete this notification in the 'Scheduled Notifications' section of PushCrew.